- Leter from Dr. Julie Brisset (Principal Investigator of the Arecibo Observatory)13 Sep, 2022
- Arecibo Deputy Principal Scientist to Explore the Cosmos with the JWST02 Sep, 2022
- Letter from the Director22 Aug, 2022
- Piercing through the Clouds of Venus with Arecibo Radar17 Aug, 2022
- Summer greetings from the Facilities and Operations Team!17 Aug, 2022
- Arecibo Observatory at the Small Bodies Assessment Group12 Aug, 2022
- Meet the 2022 Arecibo Observatory REU students!11 Aug, 2022
- Meet Luis R. Rivera Gabriel, Research Intern in the Planetary Radar Group09 Aug, 2022
- Updates from the 2022 CEDAR Workshop in Austin, TX09 Aug, 2022
- Insights into the AAS Conference from AO Analyst Anna McGilvray08 Aug, 2022
- American Astronomical Society’s 240th Meeting: Plenary Lecture Building the Future of Radio Science with the Arecibo Observatory by Dr. Héctor Arce. 28 Jul, 2022
- TRENDS 202227 Jul, 2022
- Advancing IDEA in Planetary Science 27 Jul, 2022
- The Arecibo Observatory: An Engine for Science and Scientists in Puerto Rico and Beyond27 Jul, 2022
- Cryogenic Frontend work for the 12m telescope entering phase II21 Jul, 2022
- Remote Optical Facility Updates20 Jul, 2022
Byadmin05 February 2020 Astronomy
This year the Arecibo and Green Bank Observatories will conduct virtual Observer Training Workshops between October 13th and 16th. The Arecibo observer training workshop will be held on Oct 15th and 16th, 2020, with the Green Bank training taking place on Oct 13th and 14th.
This is a great opportunity for graduate students and Astronomers to be trained to remotely use the Arecibo and Green Bank telescopes and process the data.
Check the most updated schedule here
Use the following link to find the instructions on how to connect to the session and which tools will be used for the workshop.
Registration pages are now open! We invite you to attend both workshops, but you must register for each workshop separately. You may also register for only one of the workshops if it better suits your interests.
NOTE: Participants who register for pulsar may be asked to choose a different topic, as these projects are filling quickly.
Due to the continued health threat and uncertainty caused by the coronavirus COVID-19, there will be no annual in-person AO/GBO Single Dish Workshop in 2020. We plan to continue the Single Dish Workshop in 2021.
AO Media Contact
Keywords: UCF, AO, Arecibo, Radio, Telescope, Green, Bank, Observatory