Monitoring pdev hardware
The pdev hardware is queried every two hours and logged to
a file. A query is not done if pnet or pnetctl is running on
pdevs1 (so it won't interfere with data acquisition).
The queried data includes:
The most recent hardware
query is shown here.
- The fan speeds
- The FPGAs and printed circuit board temperatures
- The voltages.
The following plots show the fan speed, temperatures, and
voltages for the pdev devices.
Plots are made for:
The different pdev boxes are color coded.
- the last 5 days (updated every 2 hours)
- the last 30 days (updated once a day at 4:30 am)
- year to date (updated once a day at 4:30 am)
- + specifies the boxes with the lowest 7 device numbers,
- * specifies the boxes with the highest 7 device numbers
- The year to date plots have no symbols (since the file gets too
Notes on the plots:
- If you see the temperatures dip for awhile (temp1,temp2 60->30
)while the fan speed remains constant:
- When the mock spectrometer sees a fan drop below 1000
rpm, it shuts off the fpga.
- This causes the temperature to drop
- The fan can then speed back up, but the fpga remains off until
it is reconfigured.
- the slow sampling of the fan speeds don't catch the fan dropout
then recovery, only the temperature.