18oct16: 5MHz testing
What we did:
- tx1 reverse power trip adjusted before run.
- mesh at 5 MHz reference position.
- use 5.125 MHz
- bring all 6 tx up.
- tx1 tripped reverse power.
- about 65-70 KW. reverse power around 6.kw
- Alfredo readjusted reverse power trip level tx 1.
- bring up all 6 again
- rf drive limit light coming on tx 1
- rvs power led on card lights around 6 KW reverse power on
- went to td 8 for rogowski coil measurements
- file 11: all tx but 1 tripped
- file 12: all tx but 1 tripped (around 12:17)
- file 13: only tx 6 (radial pointing at td 8)
- file 14: all tx but tx 1 trips
- file 15 : all but tx2 trips (check logs).. tx1,2 lowered . 5
- file 16: copy of file 15
- file 17: all tx on .. no trips
- file 18: tx 1,2 on other off
- file 19: tx 3,4 on . others off
- file 20: tx 5,6 on . others off
- Afternoon: 14:09
- rain , thunder, lightning.
- bring up tx,, try cycling tx
- tx1 rf limit light on.
- tx1 trips. rvs power
- 14:25 cycling 3sec on , 3 sec off
- brought power down 1 db, cycling 3sec on,off
- looked at arcing while cycling.
Summary plots of the day
- Page 1: morning, 5 MHz
- around 12:00 we did rogowski coil measurements
- Page2 : blowup when we made rogowski coil measurements
- use max hold for power plots.
- the rf was turned off then on to trigger the scope. so some
of the power measurement got no rf.
- file 12 taken around 12.3
- file 13; 12.345
- file 14:
- file 15: 12.4
- file 16: 12.4 (same as 15)
- file 17:12.45
- file 18: 12.47
- file 19: 12.48
- file 20: 12.49
- Page 2: afternoon
- started 3sec on,off around 14.4 hours.
- this power data used the peak hold.
Problems we found:
- tx 1 5 mhz continues to trip on reverse power, rf drive limit
light is on
- looking at schematics, dana pointed out that this is
probably caused by the pa drive current
- it is being compared to the forward power. too much
current relative to power probably turns on light.
- saw arcing when 3 sec cycling .
<- page up